Monday, December 8, 2008

Being the Honge Tree

I am very happy to make this treehouse 
I know I'm small, as small as a mouse
But I'm quiet brave and strong
And can work for very very long
Now, if I was the the Honge tree,
I am very free.
Now that some children have started 
        working on me, 
I'll swing my branches with glee
I'm happy that I'm being used
And day after day the children are
            getting amused.
I do feel the weight,
Which I kinda hate
But I'm ok with it 
Since the children's faces are lit.
I can see the treehouse getting made,
And the children's faces I'm sure are not going to fade.
I'm sure the treehouse is going to be a success
        It's not only a guess!!!!!! 

2 comments:

Panshul said...

I am impressed,
the poem is smartly compressed!
In a few lines,
I can see what is in your eyes.

Preeti said...

hahaha...

a nice and a novel idea for a poem. very beautiful.